Ages: This is best for the Big Kids to create, but everyone will enjoy the drinks.
- Clear plastic cups
- small liquid measuring cup
- Red juice - cranberry works well. Don't use a light or diet version.
- Clear soda such as Sprite or 7Up
- Light Blue Gatorade
- This may take Kid Scientists some practice first, so have some extra materials on hand.
- Begin by pouring 1/3 c of the red juice into a clear plastic cup.
- Make sure the cup is sitting on a level surface. Carefully and slowly pour 1/3 c soda on top of the red juice. Pour the soda down the side of the cup, very slowly. (It's much easier to pour slowly if the soda is measured into a small measuring cup)
- Repeat the previous steps with the blue gatorade.
- The three liquids should form separate layers in the cup.
- It bears repeating...this takes a careful hand and a bit of practice.