Materials: white glue, laundry starch, plastic bowl, 2 popsicle sticks, food color
- Mix 1/2 cup of white glue with 1/2 cup laundry starch in a plastic bowl.
- Stir the solution thoroughly.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to make a spooky potion
- Allow the bowl, and the solution, to sit untouched for 5 minutes.
- Knead the mixture for several minutes.
- If your potion is too sticky add a few drops of starch
- You can store this in a plastic bag.
Observations: Kid Scientists can share their observations of this potion and compare it to the other two.
* How does it feel? How does it smell?
* Describe the consistency. Describe the texture.
* Is this a solid or a liquid? Why?
The Science Mommy would love to see the product of your potions. Any pictures, with permission, will be shared on the Science Mommy.