Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Book Club...

Photobucket

I decided to join the book club over at Chase-ing the Dream, and share a new favorite book for Kid Scientists...



Owen & Mzee: The True Story of a Remarkable Friendship is an amazing story!  The book is illustrated in photographs much like the one on the front cover.  This book is more documentary than narrative, telling the story of a hippo separated from his pod.  Owen (the hippo) is relocated to an animal sanctuary and befriends Mzee, and ancient tortoise. 


My Kid Scientists love this book and I am sure yours will too!

2 Science Moms have commented...:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

we LOVE that book!!!

Kylie said...

I recently stumbledonto your blog, loving it so far. I just gave you a shout out - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-shout-out-science-mommy.html